Technical Project Manager
Technical Project Manager
Type of Employment: Full time Permanent
Salary: Very attractive
Bonus: up to 8% of annual salary.
Location: Accra, Ghana (but candidate must be flexible for travels within and outside of Ghana)
The successful candidate will work closely with external and internal stakeholders to facilitate smooth project planning and execution of IT & Information Security projects. You will have the chance to network with clients, vendors, and in-house personnel as well as form a dream team of Security and Networking experts
- Facilitate the definition of project scope, goals, and deliverables.
- Lead technical teams to schedule and cost tasks.
- Build, maintain and report on project plans that prioritise customer goals, objectives, and timelines
- Work with technical leads to control tasks and manage project resources/budget.
- Act as primary point of contact and interface directly with clients to provide regular project updates.
- Contribute collaboratively to the development and documentation of client IT/ Security roadmaps.
- Understand the short-term barriers to successful project delivery and facilitate meetings with internal/external teams to overcome them while communicating successes
- Identify and manage project risks and issues along with mitigation and/or workarounds.
- Own and manage technical projects with multiple dependencies, to meet stated and agreed objectives.
- Contribute to best practice documentation efforts for internal and external purposes.
- Own the outcomes of and manage the day-to-day delivery of project activities.
Education / Qualification
The successful candidate must have:
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree (Preferably in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or any other IT related field).
- PMP, PRINCE2 (Agile project management certification) or 6 Sigma.
- IT/Security industry certification (CompTIA, Cisco, CISA, CISSP) would be a plus
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Significant experience in technical project management
- IT/Network/Security operations, IT Service Management, IT Consulting backgrounds preferred.
- Familiarity with general IT/ Networking architectures and concepts.
- Consultative mindset combined with project-based execution.
- Ability to understand and translate customers priorities, business objectives, process hindrances, and tactical operational difficulties
- Previous experience in a customer facing role, using interpersonal communication skills.
- Team player with excellent organisational abilities.